Insurance Designed for the Health & Wellbeing Sector
Insurance for a wide range of holistic therapists and healthcare professionals.
Bespoke insurance solutions for individual Practitioners in the Health and Wellbeing sector, currently encompassing 1,600+ varying activities/therapies. Only available through Foyht, the insurance element of membership is available to those residents in or working in the UK, EU/EEA and South Africa.
At Hispania we believe that teachers, practitioners & therapists should be adequately protected to enable them to practice with confidence.
Hispania approaches the needs of all in an holistic manner. That is to say, we endeavour to provide help and assistance beyond the world of insurance – both to the individuals and to their supporting membership groups and associations.
Insurance Key Facts
Foyht Membership and Insurance for Teachers, Therapists and Practitioners
- Public Liability (Indemnity Limit €5,000,000 per insured person or business: €10,000,000 usually available on request)
- Malpractice & Professional Indemnity (Indemnity Limit €5,000,000: €10,000,000 usually available on request)
- Products Liability –Limits apply (for items sold/rented/leased in connection with your insured business)
- Accidental loss or damage to your business stock and equipment. Overall Limit €5,000: Single item limit €1,000: mobile phones excluded
- Liability for damage to rented/hired third party premises
- Libel & Slander
- Breach of confidentiality, negligence or breach of duty of care
- Website and e-mail infringement arising from the promotion, marketing and advertising of your insured business
- Loss of Reputation extension
- Emergency First Aid and Good Samaritan Acts included
- Indemnity to principals
- Member to member liability included
- Retro-active date 2006 or since the date you have held Medical Malpractice/Liability insurance without break or interruption
- 12 months run off cover to allow for periods when you might not be working
- Geographical Area & Jurisdiction
The insurance is available to anyone living or working in any of the EU/EEA territories for
a. Face to Face meetings, therapies and treatments you will be insured anywhere in the world other than the USA & Canada
b. Remote, on-line and pre-recorded meetings, therapies and treatments you will be insured anywhere in the world but the jurisdiction applicable at your home/work address will apply unless otherwise specifically agreed by insurers.
- Additional Legal Expenses (Currently only available in the UK & Ireland)
NB: The insurance is arranged on a claims made basis.
- All payments to be made by Bacs/Bank Transfer in Euros for EU/EEA policies
- The Insurance is provided on a 12 month basis. No premium returns are made unless cancelled within the 14 day cooling off period
- Employer’s Liability cover is not included but can be added
- An excess of €250.00 applies to the business stock & equipment extension
Available levels of indemnity
We believe that teachers and students alike should be adequately protected so we provide all of our members with an indemnity of €5,000,000. A higher limit of €10,000,000 is usually available at an additional cost .
The Foyht policy wording is exceptionally wide and will be adequate for most individuals and micro enterprises. If your business has developed beyond “you” it may be beneficial to consider your requirements on a Business Combined basis to include other Commercial Insurance Risks.
Please call for information and advice: Tel: +34 911140496 email: email@example.com
Unlike most policies, your Foyht policy is operative World Wide other than the USA/Canada so you can practice your therapy(s) around the world in the knowledge that you are fully insured.
Currently, the policy is only available to those resident or working full time in:
a. The UK and UK Territories b. The EU/EEA c. South Africa
For a full list of therapies we insure, please see the Activities, Therapies & Disciplines section below.
If you practice or teach something not on this page – please let us know and we will add it – if we possibly can.
Activities, Therapies & Disciplines Covered
Hispania has designed a series of Insurance policies for Yogis, Teachers, Practitioners, Therapists, Schools and Associations engaged in some 1,500 activities, therapies and disciplines; and the list keeps growing.
Do not worry if your activity, therapy or discipline is not listed. If you send us an enquiry or quote request we will advise you what cover you require.
For a full list activities, therapies & disciplines covered:
Foyht is an independent association comprising some six thousand members and businesses created to compliment a wide range of holistic therapists and healthcare professionals, who practice 1,600 modalities in 31 countries.
We are committed to provide a large and active network of members that is of value to teachers, therapists, practitioners, businesses and the general public.
We offer four levels of membership to cater for your professional needs:
‘Connect’ is the first level of membership that provides you with free membership, and includes the benefits of being able to publicly list on the members’ global directory, as well as enabling access to our Health & Wellbeing Magazine.
‘Support’ is the next level of membership, which offers you the same benefits of connecting to a global network as ‘connect’ members, but adds other important benefits to help support your practice in a holistic way – a 24/7 legal advice and support service, data security, and a choice of platforms to support your business needs. There are also discounted products available.
‘Protect’ is the highest level of membership that adds bespoke public liability and professional malpractice insurance to all the other benefits, providing wide cover for your holistic business needs.
‘Corporate’ is the membership that caters for small and medium businesses, and has a number of benefits that assist business development alongside bespoke business public liability and professional malpractice insurance cover.
For Businesses, Clubs and Associations, Training Schools and Charities
If you require insurance for more than one practitioner, please visit our Corporate Package page for further details.